Design for small businesses & non-profits: packaging, logos, brochures, catalogs, newsletters, annual reports, ads, social media graphics & more!
In addition to the creativity that you expect from a graphic designer, I have a unique skill set from my former career in civil engineering. I am that balance between thinking outside the box and adhering to a budget, schedule and scope: organized, yet imaginative. I enjoy working with organizations and individuals who value integrity, organization, open communication and positive thinking.
• Coursework in Communication Design, Metropolitan State University of Denver, 2012–2014
• AAS Graphic Design & Print Production, Red Rocks Community College, 2011, Honors
• Certificate in Web Design (18 credit hours), Red Rocks Community College, 2011
• BS Civil Engineering Technology, CSU-Pueblo, 1993, Cum Laude
Green Dog Graphic Design, LLC
Owner & Designer, October 2011–Present
• BrandWerks Group: identity and package design for food and beverage products, 2012–present
• Green Electronic Cigarettes: package design and collateral, 2011–present
• Packaging Film Sales: packaging templates and prepress assistance, 2012–present
• Foothills Animal Shelter: annual reports (pro bono), adoption campaign poster series, educational rack card series (pro bono), pet licensing mailers, window graphics, 2012–present
• DDRC: newsletters and annual reports, 2014–present
• Quality Connections SW and Score Foothills: ad design, 2012
• Brauns Publishing (Mile High Dog and Indulge in Denver Magazines): ad design, 2011–2012
• Event and book signing promotional materials (print and web)
National Park Service, Denver Service Center, Planning Graphics, Lakewood, CO
Visual Information Specialist (part time student position), June 2012–June 2013
• Responsible for design and layout of park planning reports and workbooks. Coordinate content with project planners, off-site park staff and editors to meet tight printing deadlines. Provide print-ready files to in-house printing office or Government Printing Office (GPO).
• Design PowerPoint master page graphics and text styles to coordinate with above documents.
• Prepare InDesign templates with extensive style sheets to improve consistency and efficiency.
Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, CO
Music Department Graphics Assistant (part time student position), 2010–2012
• Designed concert programs, posters and advertising pieces, and a 16-page booklet, comparing 15 art and music periods containing 100 images
• Scheduled work flow for design projects and coordinated printing
• Coordinated event promotion with other departments
Civil Engineer, Denver-Metro Area, 1994–2009
Commercial land development and public works engineering, progressing from CAD and commercial site design positions to project review and management. Work involved coordination with architects, landscape architects, planners, other engineering disciplines, surveyors, attorneys, utility companies, government agencies, and the public; right-of-way acquisition; familiarity with wetland and floodplain regulations; and assisting in public meeting planning and facilitation.
Government Employers: Thornton, Commerce City, and Jefferson County
Local Consulting Employers: Baseline, JR, and Martin/Martin
• HeARTs Speak Member, 2017–present
• Red Rocks Community College CTE Advisory Committee Panel Member – Multimedia Graphic Design & Photography Programs, 2014–present
• SOTA Member, TypeCon, 2015
• AIGA Member, 2013–present
• ADCD Member, 2013–2014 (2014 Paper Fashion Show)
• Boulder Designers Member, 2011–present
• Denver InDesign User Group (IDUG) Secretary, 2011–2013
• Prospect Recreation & Park District Board of Directors, 2010–2014
• Leadership Jefferson County, Class of 2007
InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Research